Stroke is more common among young people.
Studies show that hospitalization for stroke increased among men aged 18 to 54 years. This performance has almost doubled for men in the age group from 35 to 44 years.
To treat the consequences of stroke, which includes paralysis, loss of speech and sensibility, confusion, is very difficult and sometimes quite impossible. That is why doctors around the world are encouraged to engage in the prevention of this disease. Unfortunately, not all people know what it is.
So, if you want to minimize the risk of stroke, you should:
1. To monitor the blood pressure. Hypertension is one of the major risk factors for stroke, since high blood pressure exerts a greater load on the blood vessels, which over time lose their elasticity and become more fragile.
And remember: alcohol increases blood pressure.
2. To control the level of blood sugar. Almost doubled in 10 years, increased number of strokes among those who are diabetic.
3. To quit Smoking. This habit not only increases the pressure but reduces the amount of oxygen in the blood, and also causes spasms of blood vessels and promotes the formation of cholesterol plaques.
4. To control weight. People with excess weight is often observed in hypertension, diabetes, due to the load on the heart heart disease, which in turn can lead to stroke.
5. To support physical activity. This will help the blood to thicken, the body to be in shape and the human psyche is easier to cope with stress.