In connection with the completion of a major study on mobile phone cancer risk news headlines exploded with reports on the subject. Given that the study provoked a barrage of information, was not conducted on humans and used the specific type of radiation, the proposed deal that really shows this scientific work and what we can expect from their phones.
The national toxicology program (National Toxicology Program NTP) presented the final reports on the studies of the effect of radio frequency (RFID) used in mobile phones 2G and 3G, in rats and mice.
Scientists have subjected their experimental radiation exposure within two years, nine hours a day. The results of more than a decade of research has shown that strong RF exposure associated with the development of tumors. Have been provided:
- Compelling evidence linking RFID and tumors (malignant sannam) in hearts of male rats;
- Some evidence of connection with tumors (malignant gliomas) in the brain of male rats;
- Some evidence of benign and malignant tumors in the adrenal glands of male rats;
- Ambiguous (unclear) evidence linking observed in the study of tumors in female rats and mice of both sexes.
The exposure used in the studies cannot be directly compared with the impact that people experience when using a mobile phone. In our studies, rats and mice received radio-frequency radiation throughout the body. On the contrary, people are mostly exposed to certain tissues near the place where they hold the phone. In addition, exposure levels and duration in our study was higher than people, explained John Bucher (John Bucher), doctor of philosophy, senior researcher of the NTP.
Health magazine columnist , Forbes argues that it makes no sense to panic if you are not male rats. In addition to the above reservations, it should be noted that the study used the radiation, which was used only for early models of mobile phones which now practically are not applied. Also noteworthy is the fact that strong evidence that RFID causes cancer in female rats and mice that were not received.
However, to reduce exposure to RF radiation, people should take precautions:
- Keep the cell phone away from the head and body;
- Do not place the phone near me while sleeping;
- Use, whenever possible, speakerphone or headset;
- Avoid using mobile phone when the signal is weak. In this case, because of the constant attempts to connect, RFID enhanced;
- Do not use your mobile phone to download large files or streaming video. This also leads to increased RFID;
- Before buying, carefully study the label and information about models by phones. Different devices may have different levels of RFID;
- Do not wear the headset when not in call;
- Put the phone in airplane mode or even turn off, if possible;
- Skeptical about protective screens and other devices that are positioned as reducing RFID;
- Try as little as possible to use the phone. Shorten the length of your calls, communicate face to face.